Thursday, May 13, 2010

Iquique, my favourite trip


Hello! Today I am going to talk about my trip at the capital of first region, Iquique. I visit this place this year for the summer holydays in January. This was the first time I travelled by plane, because my dad said that by car it could be really stressful. The fly lasted two hours approximately and it was very exciting for me.
This trip was in family, I went whit my parents, my sister and my brother and we stayed there for a week. In this time we all days went to Cavancha beach. Also we did a motorboat ride to visit a place in the sea where stay the Esmeralda`s rests, sinked during the Naval Combat of Iquique, on May, 21, 1879. We went to shopping three days at ZOFRI, the traditional Frank Zone of Iquique; this is a great commercial center. Here we bought many things like perfumes, electrical appliances, and innovators things to price.
Undoubtedly, my favourite place that I visited in this trip was Pica. Here we did a guided tour to Saltpeter Office Humberstone, declared a National Monument. This is a very interesting place because is great and has got many old buildings, like a hospital, a theater, a nice square, a church, a little museum and the jobs instruments of the working-class. Humberstone is a full history place and really fantastic! I enjoyed so much visiting it.

3 comments:

  1. wow humbesrtone!! I never visit iquique, but I like know that, because is the important place in the history of chile

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don`t like to visit the Saltpeter Office Humberstone, becuase the people says think about ghost or similar think...
    i prefer natural places for example the beach, the camp or the mountains.

    see you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Iquique :(, I don't know any place jajajaj! but I remember when you talk me about your trip! I expect that one day I can know this North City! ... I like your family picture is so lovely! congratulations!


    regards and kisses for you!


    Vanne

    ReplyDelete