Thursday, April 8, 2010

Earthquake in Chile: my own experience


On February 27th 2010 Chile was devastated by a big earth tremor causing commotion and worry in all country. The first reports tell us about the epicenter in Eighth Region (Bio Bio) with 8.8 grades. However the damages caused by this movement left people in street and without houses from Center Zone until country`s South.
I my own experience I considered me very fortunate because my house not suffered damages, only came down a wall.
In the movement moment I was sleeping but I awaked immediately when my mother started to shout. While I came down the stairs I sew like the things was falling: books, pictures, my guitar, glass, plates, and very things more. Since this day until all March I was sleeping down on first floor with my mother.
Then of earthquake I was without water and light by a complete week. And in the commune where I live, Quilicura, many people was sacking because many neighbors cannot sleep looking after ours houses doing bonfires while we was without light.
This was clearly the greater shock of my life, and even though has happened several days. Too I´m very afraid and I now live thinking what can happen tomorrow?

3 comments:

  1. Pamelita...I'm sorry for you, I too was scared if all people want to sack my house. I know that you feel fear but I will to take care if some earthquake come again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that this happened near to you. I was also near to sacking, so I understand what you lived. But I don't understand why people did that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela
    That sounds terrible. I have heard of many people who had to look after their places because of thieves. Looting is a terrible thing.

    ReplyDelete